Terms & Conditions
Loyalist College Career Services is a member of the Canadian Association of Career Educators and Employers (CACEE), and adheres to the Guidelines for Ethical Recruitment at Post-Secondary Educational Institutions and expects our employer partners to do so as well.
User Terms & Conditions
Other than for on-campus employment, Loyalist College does not pre-screen employers or endorse their products or services. Applicants for any job postings advertised on the myCareer portal are responsible for ascertaining and verifying terms and conditions of employment. This would include the nature of the work, the hours and duration of employment, the amount and type of remuneration (e.g. salary, hourly rate of pay, commission), schedule of payment, and any costs associated with the employment (e.g. purchase of products, equipment, travel expenses, etc.)
Employer Terms & Conditions
Employers utilizing the Loyalist College myCareer portal must abide by the following Terms and Conditions. The Career Services department reserves the right to refuse any person or organization use of its services. By using this portal, you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Career Centre may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting.
Loyalists' Career Services department requires employers who use its services to adhere to the Employment Standards Act, The Ontario Human Rights Code, Occupational Health & Safety Act in their recruitment and employment practices.
Job Postings & Employment Opportunities
Employers must provide all information requested in the posting form in particular the items listed below. Failure to do so may result in the job posting not being approved:
1. name of organization with full mailing address and phone number
2. full name of contact person with phone number and email address
3. an adequate description of the nature of the position being offered and the type of job (e.g., full time permanent, contract, volunteer, etc.)
Recruitment Agencies and Third Party recruiters may be required to provide the name of the organization for which they are recruiting. This information will be kept confidential, and will not be disclosed in the job posting.
Loyalist College Career Services will not accept the following types of employment:
- Are in violation of provincial and / or federal laws. (www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/)
- Work that is pyramid-type or multi-level marketing (MLM) in nature, or work for organizations that are pyramid-type or multi-level marketing (MLM) in structure
- Work which requires the purchase of a service/product, requires a monetary deposit or similar, as a condition of employment
- Work involving unpaid or reduced pay for training (with the exception of volunteer organizations, NPO's and registered charities)
- Work involving credit in lieu of pay
- Pay commission only and/or offer no base salary (no significant salary)
- Represent a business of an inappropriate or unethical nature
- Employment contracts or franchise contracts which charge a fee (ie: certification fee, licencing fee, equipment purchase, initial investment in a company)
- Require recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents;
- Are for the recruitment of replacement workers during a labour dispute; and / or
- Are from organizations where there are currently no available openings.
- Are not a registered organization/business with Service Canada (do not possess a CRA 15-digit Business Number)
- (For Cannabis Producers Only) Only Authorized Licensed Producers of Cannabis for Medical Purposes issued by Health Canada under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR) whose names appear on this list (or whom can show proof of licence) may post with us. https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/medical-use-marijuana/licensed-producers/authorized-licensed-producers-medical-purposes.html
- (For Companies with Dealers Licence (under the Narcotic Control Regulations)) Only laboratories that have a current Dealers Licence under the Narcotic Control Regulations and who are licensed to conduct activities with cannabis whose names appear on this list (or whom can show proof of licence) may post with us: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/list-licensed-dealers.html
- For Cannabis Retail Operations - you must be listed as Authorized to Open on this chart: https://www.agco.ca/cannabis/industry-resources/status-current-cannabis-retail-store-applications
Disclaimer of Consequential Damages
The College is not an employer or agent of an employer or candidate for employment with respect to any individual or entity using this portal. The College is not responsible for any employment decisions made by any individual or entity posting jobs on the portal.
The College does not warrant that the portal will operate error-free or that the portal and its server are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If your use of the portal or the material results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, the College is not responsible for those costs.
The Career Centre reserves the right, at its sole discretion, including but not limited to deletion of your postings from this portal and immediate termination of your registration with or ability to access the portal and/or upon any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or if The Career Centre is unable to verify or authenticate any information you submit to the portal registration with or ability to access the portal.